Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Stir Fry - Egg Roll In A Bowl

Hey Yall! Got a fun easy recipe for you!

As I have said, many times before, my favorite food is Chinese; since that is the case, I do my best to cook up a protocol friendly Chinese meal each week. 

Last night I made -- Egg Roll In A Bowl


Ingredients: (1 serving)

Cole Slaw Mix (bag kind) 
Chicken or Beef or Eggs (5oz)
1 Onion
Cauliflower / Other Choice Veggies
Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos
Green onion
Powdered Ginger
Salt/Pepper

Directions:
Cook Chicken, however your would like, and set aside.
In a large skillet - put in onion, garlic, and other veggies.  Stir for a couple of minutes or until you like the texture of the onions. (if using egg, add 3 here = your 5oz of protein)
Then grab 2 handful's of the cole slaw mix (this will be your leafy green serving), and place into skillet.
Pour desired amount of Low Sodium Soy Sauce (or Braggs) over cabbage mix, and stir.
Sprinkle in powdered ginger, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir around until all veggies & cabbage are mixed well.
Cook until you like the consistency of the cabbage (I prefer for mine to be soft so I stir it for about 5 minutes)
Toss in your 5 oz of chicken/beef
Place on plate and sprinkle green onions on top

Enjoy!

*** HINT - Making more than 1 serving? Just double your slaw mix & veggies and then half it down the middle and add your protein once you have split your greens/veggies on your plate. 



I love meals that are your protein, greens, and veggies ALL IN 1! 

I made enough for my husband and me for dinner, as well as lunch today! I'm excited about lunch time coming up! 

What did you have for dinner? Try a new recipe this week, that way you don't get burnt out on the same ole' thing!

Today is Tuesday, so we will be having our normal - TACO TUESDAY!

Make it a great day!

-K


No comments:

Post a Comment