Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Health Food = $$$$$$

I would venture to say that most of us believe the false truth that eating healthy is too expensive. I say "false truth" because it sounds nicer than saying "lie"...but that's what it is, it's a lie. 

NOW, don't get me wrong, I'm a cheap-o at heart and I, like many of you, would rather get the $1 chicken sandwich vs. the $7 salad at a fast food restaurant. Who could really blame us?! 

However I am here to inform, and brag just a little, about how cheap we got two weeks worth of groceries (for 2). 

We got 
2lbs of ground lean beef
2 packages of lean pork chops (6 chops in each)
2 bags of boneless skinless chicken breast
1 bag of apples
1 bundle of Cilantro
3 Limes
Dozen Eggs
Minced Garlic
4 round steaks
Bag of yellow onions
Zucchini
Squash
Cucumbers
bag of shrimp
Head of Cabbage
2 Lemons
Case of Waters
K-Cups (coffee)
Celery 

ALL for $65! At none other than my favorite grocery store......ALDI.

If you don't have an ALDI in your hometown, I'm SO sorry, but ALDI to me is the bomb.com. 

Making healthier decisions at the grocery store doesn't always have to break the bank. We just have to be smart about where we shop and what we can make with the foods bought that will last the longest! 

With the ingredients above and some I already had I can make
-Chili
-Grilled/Baked Steak
-Cinnamon Stevia baked apples (recipe coming soon)
-Cabbage Scramble  (recipe coming soon) 
and a whole lot more! 

What are your tricks for getting healthy food for cheaper? 

No comments:

Post a Comment