Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Recipe Makeover - Spinach Dip

Let's all be honest for a second, okay? 

Getting in the daily greens can be TOUGH, especially if you aren't just a lover of greens, and the lovely salad does get real old from time to time, and if I have to saute spinach with my food one. more. time. I'll....you get the idea.

So basically, I am always trying to think of ways to get my greens in and this recipe I found below is a fun new way!

I found the original recipe here & modified it to fit Stimulock Protocol. (pinned here as well)

Spinach Dip: 


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of frozen spinach - thawed
  • 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
  • 1 tablespoons onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1 teaspoons garlic powder
  • sea salt to taste 


Directions:

1. Using a blender, blend the cottage cheese until it is smooth and creamy2. Put the cottage cheese in a large mixing bowl, and add all other ingredients. Stir well.


I ate this today for lunch with my 1 cup of raw squash chips (just squash cut in thin slices). Gives it a nice crunch and all you really taste is the dip. Which, by the way, tastes like ranch dip, so I'm a fan!

***For all of you "EWW, Cottage Cheese! BARF" people - I feel ya, I'm not a fan of the chunky stuff either, BUT this is totally worth it, plus there are no chunks! 

REMEMBER: If you eat this as your lunch, it counts as your protein, and to only eat cottage cheese 2-3 days a week because of its high sodium content.

What did you think? What yummy veggies did you eat with it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment